[xmonad] Re: Trouble with multiple screens and Nvidia drivers

Bárður Árantsson spam at scientician.net
Fri Dec 14 01:47:36 EST 2007

Jamie Webb wrote:
> On 2007-12-13 23:22:53 Bárður Árantsson wrote:
[--snip--]
>> I'm really baffled by this behavior. Am I missing something
>> fundamental about how xmonad+Xinerama is supposed to work?
>
> Yes. Each screen shows a different workspace and can switch between
> workspaces independently. When you type alt-1 etc., that workspace is
> pulled onto the currently focused screen. If the workspace you want to
> change to is already visible on the other screen, XMonad swaps it with
> your current workspace.

Aha! I'm glad it's just me, because that should hopefully mean that it's
possible to configure one's way out of it :).

Is there a way to force "consistency" such that I'll always end up with
consistent pairs of workspaces on each of the screens? Say as in,

  Alt-1:

   Screen 1: Workspace 0
   Screen 0: Workspace 1

  Alt-2: