[xmonad] Tabbed Layout

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Wed Dec 12 12:55:15 EST 2007

Hi Dominik!

On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 05:05:40PM +0100, Dominik Bruhn wrote:
> Hy,
> I got two questions:
> First the more general one:
> Serveal weeks ago here was a overviewpage with some modules and
> screenshots. Currently I can only find the haddok text, but there are no
> screenshots. I think the screenshots were quite usefull for beginners.
> Sometimes you can't realy imagine what a module/plugin does.

you can see many screenshot with the relative config file here:

The page you are referring to is gone due to the fact that many many
extensions have been added and it was not possible to manually update
that file anymore.

> The second one:
> Is there a possibility to add the tabbed-layout not to the whole
> workspace to maintain the tiled-layout and add the tabs to each of the
> small windows. More like ion (:/) does it. Does anybody understand what
> Im thinking about?

If I understand your question correctly the answer is no. The tabbed
layout is a full layout with tabs. Instead you want a tiled layout
with tabs. We could write such an extension. You could try to do it
yourself by starting from the present tabbed layout, though...;)

hope this helps,