[Xmonad] mouse keys?

the Edward Blevins thedward at barsoom.net
Mon Aug 13 10:34:56 EDT 2007

On Mon, Aug 13, 2007 at 07:46:02AM -0300, Isaac Dupree wrote:
> (motivation: Compared to the keyboard, I don't like the trackpad on my
> laptop, as expected, and was never much of a fan of the mouse either,
> and never did get a trackball... but some programs need mouse-pointing! :)
> Speaking of which, I want to turn off tap-on-trackpad = click, and make
> it so that for a few moments near when I'm typing, the trackpad doesn't
> move the cursor either, but I haven't yet found ways to do these on
> Linux that I've gotten to work.  I'm tempted to totally disable the
> trackpad if I can, if I get mouse keys to work well for me)

I'm not sure about how to enable mousekeys, but you might be interested
in the program called keynav[1], it lets you move the pointer by
iteratively halving the target area (starting with the whole screen).

As far as turning off the track pad while you are typing, I know
that mouseemu[2] has an option to do this.

[1] http://www.semicomplete.com/projects/keynav/
[2] http://geekounet.org/powerbook/files/mouseemu-0.16.tar.gz [3]
[3] mouseemu should be apt-gettable on both Debian and Ubuntu.

--
the Edward Blevins   <thedward at barsoom.net>    (512) 796-6661
Today is Setting Orange, the 6th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3173