[Xmonad] Re: Some windows appear on the wrong head

Kai Grossjohann kai at emptydomain.de
Thu Aug 2 11:49:44 EDT 2007

On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 04:39:13PM +0100, Bruce Stephens wrote:

> Spencer Janssen <sjanssen-qUs7yiKABP2Vc3sceRu5cw at public.gmane.org> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> > We blindly accept the geometry requested by floating windows, which
> > is usually the right thing to do.  This case, however, is a bit
> > troublesome.  What do other window managers do in this situation?
>
> I had a quick look but I don't see anything in ICCCM.  I did a quick
> test with metacity (running in xnest).  For this situation (where
> xmonad shows the transient at the top left hand of the screen)
> metacity shows it over the main window.

"My" popup wasn't displayed at 0,0; it was displayed near the center
(but a little bit east and south of it) of the primary head.

FWIW, if I move the popup to the right workspace (and thus head) once
manually, then subsequent popups show up on the right head.  (Or do they
show up in the right workspace?  I didn't try to switch workspaces
between invoking the popup and the window appearing.)

Kai