[web-devel] Yesod renaming

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Sat Mar 26 18:39:47 CET 2011

Thanks for the input everyone. It sounds like most people are not in
favor of the rename. Glad to get external confirmation: I personally
have no problem pronouncing the name, but I chose it in the first
place ;). I think I'll be putting up a new screencast soon, and I'll
be sure to pronounce the name as clearly as my American-accented
Hebrew will allow for.

As for the "correct" way to pronounce the name: the "e" is from the
Hebrew vowel "shva", which is known linguistically as a Schwa[1]. The
"o" is a long vowel, like in "soap". "Y", "s" and "d" are pronounced
just like they are in English.

Thanks to my wife for the assistance: fortunately, she studied
linguistics in school. I would have had know idea about the Schwa.

Michael

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwa