[Template-haskell] Building in Cygwin with Mingw gcc

Mon, 10 Feb 2003 08:48:25 -0000

I'm sorry you're having trouble.  It looks as if you may not be
following the instructions in the Building Guide.  I believe that if you
ruthlessly do what it says, it'll work. =20

http://haskell.cs.yale.edu/ghc/docs/latest/html/building/winbuild.html

You don't give a lot of evidence in your message, but the instructions
say nothing about a "--build" flag to "configure".  I'm not sure what it
does and I have no confidence that it'll work. =20

I'm not sure how you "tried to build the CVS head in Cygwin, using both
gcc 2.95
and gcc 3.1 and both a Cygwin and a Mingw version of the compiler".  The
instructions don't say anything about that either.

Give it a try as described, and see if that helps.  You might want to
start from a fresh tree.=20

Simon

|=20
| The reason that this post is found here is simply because I need to
test
| out the Template Haskell implementation.
|=20
| Anyone else having tried to build it using Cygwin? I would love to
have
| it up and running on a box beside my Linux one...
|=20
| Using "./configure --build=3Di386-unknown-mingw32" with a 2.95 Mingw =
gcc
| get the following error:
|=20
| ../../ghc/compiler/ghc-inplace -H16m -O -fglasgow-exts -cpp -Iinclude
| -#includ
| HsBase.h -Icbits/regex -funbox-strict-fields -package-name base -O
| -Rghc-timin
|  -split-objs    -c Foreign/Storable.hs -o Foreign/Storable.o  -ohi
| Foreign/Sto
| ble.hi
|=20
| Foreign/Storable.hs:179:
|     Type constructor or class not in scope: `NotReallyAType'
|=20
| Foreign/Storable.hs:180:
|     Type constructor or class not in scope: `NotReallyAType'
|=20
| Foreign/Storable.hs:181:
|     Type constructor or class not in scope: `NotReallyAType'
|=20
| Foreign/Storable.hs:182:
|     Type constructor or class not in scope: `NotReallyAType'
| make[2]: *** [Foreign/Storable.o] Error 1
| make[1]: *** [all] Error 1
| make[1]: Leaving directory `/lang/haskell/ghc/fptools/libraries'
| make: *** [build] Error 1
|=20