[Template-haskell] Building in Cygwin with Mingw gcc

David Bergman davidb@home.se
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 17:30:02 -0500

Now I have tried to build the CVS head in Cygwin, using both gcc 2.95
and gcc 3.1 and both a Cygwin and a Mingw version of the compiler, I
give up...

The reason that this post is found here is simply because I need to test
out the Template Haskell implementation.

Anyone else having tried to build it using Cygwin? I would love to have
it up and running on a box beside my Linux one...

Using "./configure --build=i386-unknown-mingw32" with a 2.95 Mingw gcc I
get the following error:

../../ghc/compiler/ghc-inplace -H16m -O -fglasgow-exts -cpp -Iinclude
-#includ
HsBase.h -Icbits/regex -funbox-strict-fields -package-name base -O
-Rghc-timin
 -split-objs    -c Foreign/Storable.hs -o Foreign/Storable.o  -ohi
Foreign/Sto
ble.hi

Foreign/Storable.hs:179:
    Type constructor or class not in scope: `NotReallyAType'

Foreign/Storable.hs:180:
    Type constructor or class not in scope: `NotReallyAType'

Foreign/Storable.hs:181:
    Type constructor or class not in scope: `NotReallyAType'

Foreign/Storable.hs:182:
    Type constructor or class not in scope: `NotReallyAType'
make[2]: *** [Foreign/Storable.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/lang/haskell/ghc/fptools/libraries'
make: *** [build] Error 1