[reactive] FRP applied to music sequencing/ DSP

Balazs Komuves bkomuves at gmail.com
Mon May 14 15:11:26 CEST 2012

Hello,

The Haskell-Art mailing list is an alternative forum for such subjects:

Personally, I believe the FRP paradigm should be suitable for the tasks you
describe, but we are probably not there yet. Changing the graph is probably
the nontrivial part, but specifying fades/etc should be easy. If you want a
full-blown music producing / synthesizer system, then it again becomes hard
because of the performance requirements. You probably need to Just-In-Time
compile the circuit to some low-level language. But this is definitely
possible; for example Henning Thielemann has such a prototype synth:
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/synthesizer-llvm

Balazs