status of mtl

Ben Franksen ben.franksen at online.de
Thu Sep 30 06:12:29 UTC 2021

Am 25.09.21 um 21:52 schrieb Edward Kmett:
> We had just started work on a new release of the mtl, and
> transferring more of the control of it to the core libraries
> committee, right before the decision was made to rejigger the
> internals of the core libraries committee. That should still be the
> plan, its just that all the people involved are a bit distracted.

This does not address my main point, which was about the general style
of maintenance: no releases for years in spite of new features being
fully implemented and merged. mtl-2.3 could have been released two years
ago; it could be released now, postponing new stuff that isn't complete yet.

Cheers
Ben
--
I would rather have questions that cannot be answered, than answers that
cannot be questioned.  -- Richard Feynman