Takeover / Comaintainership of Selda

davean davean at xkcd.com
Wed Feb 17 20:38:48 UTC 2021

These packages are a community good, but maintained as a community service.

It's definitely best practice to have a few maintainers but this isn't the
venue. One should contact the existing maintainers directly and ask to
become a co-maintainer.
Unless the maintainer becomes demonstrably absent it is against policy to
interfere in the current maintainers' approach. If a package lacks
co-maintainers and/or refuses them, is slow to apply fixes, etc, one should
probably fork the package or choose another.
The only real exceptions to this are core packages as under the maintenance
of the CLC. Anything else would be a discussion about a massive change in
policy.

 -davean