Fwd: New Libraries Proposal process

Oliver Charles ollie at ocharles.org.uk
Sat Sep 12 14:22:00 UTC 2020

On Sat, 12 Sep 2020, at 2:44 PM, Bertram Felgenhauer via Libraries wrote:
> In any case I think that any change to the library proposal process
> should cater to all three types of stakeholders (and possibly others
> I have failed to think of). In its current form, I believe
>
>   https://github.com/haskell-core/core-libraries-proposals
>
> fails to do that for observers.

Could you explain why this fails? I watch the ghc-proposals GitHub project and get notified of all comments, so feel as an observer my needs are well catered for. Furthermore, having each proposal be a PR can let me see how a discussion is factored back in to the proposal, as comments become a diff.

What do you feel a ML has that GitHub + watching does not have?