New version of vector + discussion

Gregory Collins greg at gregorycollins.net
Thu Jun 26 15:54:19 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 5:25 PM, Edward Kmett <ekmett at gmail.com> wrote:

> Given the way the last ad hoc release of vector went out and the problems
> that ensued I'd really appreciate it if he was the one to push any vector
> releases for now.
>
> He's done a ton of work cleaning it up, and we've already gone behind his
> back once.

Yes I should have not implied with my email that "anybody in particular"
should do the release, as that's not really what I meant -- instead that
whoever has been doing them lately or who had been granted the release bit
should do it. If Dan is going to coordinate or perform releases then we
should make a note of this in the readme so that people know in the future.

In relation to the patch, this particular change has turned out to be more
controversial than I expected so if we follow Johan's proposal by splitting
off a .Internal module then there is work to do still before the release
can be made anyways.

Gregory Collins <greg at gregorycollins.net>