New version of vector + discussion

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 15:25:51 UTC 2014

Maintainership of vector was transferred to the core libraries committee from Geoffrey Mainland; it is listed as such on the Library Submissions page now.

Dan, as the member of the committee most familiar with the vector internals has been actively curating the master branch in preparation for a release. Given the way the last ad hoc release of vector went out and the problems that ensued I'd really appreciate it if he was the one to push any vector releases for now.

He's done a ton of work cleaning it up, and we've already gone behind his back once.

-Edward