The bytestring package has moved to github

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 21:34:43 CET 2013

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 12:07 PM, Dan Burton <danburton.email at gmail.com>wrote:

> If we invest more heavily in hub.darcs.net then perhaps we wouldn't have
> to defect to github. Sadly, it will take a lot of effort to bring darcs hub
> up to match github standards.

To be honest, this will never happen. GitHub has 147 employees (
https://github.com/about/team) paid to make GitHub great. Darcs is great in
many ways, but we need to move on as a community. Lets not insist on using
Darcs when GitHub serves the community better. We want Haskell to succeed
(for some definition of succeed), not any particular piece of Haskell
software.