The bytestring package has moved to github

Jeremy Shaw jeremy at n-heptane.com
Fri Feb 15 21:32:45 CET 2013

I've moved pretty much all my code (mostly Happstack related) to
hub.darcs.net. Before hub.darcs.net was launched, I was looking to
implement a lot of the features it provides via plugins to clckwrks
(http://www.clckwrks.com). Now that we have hub.darcs.net.. that is
much less of a priority.

I do wonder what features are actually most important for making
github users happy. Obviously, the online interface for fork/pull
requests is a huge appeal. hub.darcs.net has some support for that..
but could do better. Organizations also seem valuable -- not sure what
hubs current support there is...

I have wondered if there is someway we could use the github API to
make things better:

http://developer.github.com/v3/

For example, when you create a darcs hub account, maybe it could try
to pull account information from github? Not really sure...

I think the biggest 'killer' feature would be if hub.darcs.net could
be extended so that you could create a project on hub.darcs.net, but
also have an mirror on github via darcs bridge. Unfortunately, darcs
bridge is still not up to snuff AFAIK. I would love to see darcs
bridge as a GSoC project -- provided a qualified student was chosen.
Using the github API, bugs  logged in githubs tracker could perhaps
still be shown in hub.darcs.nets tracker. The idea is to allow project
maintainers to continue using darcs while giving the github junkies an
easy way to stay involved.

- jeremy