Proposal: Add (&) to Data.Function

John Wiegley johnw at
Tue Nov 20 19:46:35 CET 2012

> We had switched to % from (|>) to be consistent with the other (+=) (*=)
> operators where (%=) was being read as 'mod-equals' as a bit of a pun, and
> could be seen as the application of the % operator to the target.

Yes, a strong positive in favor of & of |> is that it allows the lens library
to offer the highly useful variants &= and &~, which have obvious (and
related) meanings to someone using lens.  |>= and |>~ would get a bit awkward
in comparison.

John Wiegley
FP Complete                         Haskell tools, training and consulting               johnw on #haskell/