Testing containers outside of ghc source tree

Gracjan Polak gracjanpolak at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 14:15:49 CEST 2011

Hi all,

Recent developments in containers made me to give it a spin, too.

I'd like to compile and test containers package. I got the sources, compiled.
So far so good. Then the testsuite inside source code seems to require GHC
testing framework. This seems a bit heavy.

Anyway I got recent GHC sources, placed containers under
libraries/containers-ex. Running 'make TEST_HC=ghc' in tests directory fails
with:

*** unexpected failure for sequence001(threaded1)
=====> sequence001(threaded2) 4 of 4 [0, 30, 0]
cd . && '/usr/bin/ghc' -fforce-recomp -dcore-lint -dcmm-lint -dno-debug-output
-no-user-package-conf -rtsopts -fno-ghci-history  -o sequence001 sequence001.hs
-O -threaded -eventlog -package containers  >sequence001.comp.stderr 2>&1
Compile failed (status 256) errors were:
ghc: unrecognised flags: -fno-ghci-history
Usage: For basic information, try the `--help' option.

What I aim for is to have a fast/short way of doing some experimental changes
and running only the containers testsuite with my own changes included. How do I
get to doing this?

--
Gracjan