Testing containers outside of ghc source tree

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Fri Sep 23 15:41:56 CEST 2011

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 23.09.2011, 12:15 +0000 schrieb Gracjan Polak:
> Anyway I got recent GHC sources, placed containers under
> libraries/containers-ex. Running 'make TEST_HC=ghc' in tests directory fails
> with:
>
> *** unexpected failure for sequence001(threaded1)
> =====> sequence001(threaded2) 4 of 4 [0, 30, 0]
> cd . && '/usr/bin/ghc' -fforce-recomp -dcore-lint -dcmm-lint -dno-debug-output
> -no-user-package-conf -rtsopts -fno-ghci-history  -o sequence001 sequence001.hs
> -O -threaded -eventlog -package containers  >sequence001.comp.stderr 2>&1
> Compile failed (status 256) errors were:
> ghc: unrecognised flags: -fno-ghci-history
> Usage: For basic information, try the `--help' option.
>
> What I aim for is to have a fast/short way of doing some experimental changes
> and running only the containers testsuite with my own changes included. How do I
> get to doing this?

I don’t think the Makefile works outside the ghc tree. Here is how I
compile the test programs individually:

ghc --make -DTESTING -i -idist/build -i. -idist/build/autogen -Idist/build/autogen -Idist/build -Iinclude -optP-include -optPdist/build/autogen/cabal_macros.h  -hidir dist/build -stubdir dist/build -O -fregs-graph -O2 -XHaskell98 -XDeriveDataTypeable -XStandaloneDeriving -XMagicHash -XRank2Types -XCPP  tests/map-properties.hs

I think I got this line from "cabal build -v".

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner