Improving containers library

Stephan Friedrichs deduktionstheorem at web.de
Wed Mar 3 14:54:17 EST 2010

On 03/03/10 19:24, Louis Wasserman wrote:
> If you're interested in adding priority queues to containers, shameless
> plug: I've got a good implementation of pairing heaps in
> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/queuelike.  It's a bit obfuscated right
> now, but I'd definitely be interested in producing something that's actually
> readable and usable enough to be put into containers...

I've also worked on priority queues:
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/heap - maybe that project can be of
help. Let the games begin! ;)

The problem is that it uses type families to use the same implementation
for min-, max-, min-priority and max-priority heaps, which is sort of
tricky and probably shouldn't be part of the containers library; but the
hidden Data.Heap.Internal module is the actual implementation which
doesn't need fancy type families but can only be used as min-priority-heap.

HTH
Stephan