Improving containers library

Tyson Whitehead twhitehead at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 16:06:23 EST 2010

On March 3, 2010 14:54:17 Stephan Friedrichs wrote:
> On 03/03/10 19:24, Louis Wasserman wrote:
> > If you're interested in adding priority queues to containers, shameless
> > plug: I've got a good implementation of pairing heaps in
> > http://hackage.haskell.org/package/queuelike.  It's a bit obfuscated
> > right now, but I'd definitely be interested in producing something that's
> > actually readable and usable enough to be put into containers...
>
> I've also worked on priority queues:
> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/heap - maybe that project can be of
> help. Let the games begin! ;)

To jump in without having paid much attention to the thread (i.e., please
ignore this if the comment is total useless).  There was a paper awhile back
on functional implementation of priority search queues called "A Simple
Implementation Technique for Priority Search Queues".

http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=507650

Cheers!  -Tyson