Revamping the module hierarchy (was: ANNOUNCE: OpenGLRaw 1.0.0.0)

Wolfgang Jeltsch g9ks157k at acme.softbase.org
Tue Jun 16 08:46:19 EDT 2009

Am Freitag, 12. Juni 2009 22:46 schrieb Johan Tibell:
> Perhaps it's time to overhaul the hierarchy. Some top level module
> namespaces like Network have become very crowded. Network is a very generic
> name that it conveys very little information today when most software has a
> network component. I suggest that parts of it be broken out into new top
> level modules.

Very good idea.

I like to ask for renaming Graphics.UI to just UI. UIs are not always
graphical and it’s not so important whether they are.

> As a first step I suggest we create a new Http (and not HTTP with all caps
please) module where we can have: […]

*Please* name it HTTP, i.e., *with* all caps. HTTP is an acronym so every
letter stands for a single word. Http doesn’t make sense in my opinion.
Should Yampa and Grapefruit also go into a namespace Frp instead of FRP? I
wouldn’t like this. At least, we should have a common rule for case of
acronyms in identifiers.

Best wishes,
Wolfgang