[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: Glob 0.1, globbing library

Matti Niemenmaa matti.niemenmaa+news at iki.fi
Sat Oct 18 13:28:31 EDT 2008

Gah, I fail at posting to mailing lists. For posterity, the message I sent to
Krzysztof:

Krzysztof Skrzętnicki wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 22:02, Matti Niemenmaa <matti.niemenmaa+news at iki.fi>
> wrote:
>> Web page at: http://iki.fi/matti.niemenmaa/glob/index.html Hackage:
>> http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/Glob
>
> I tried out your package, but it doesn't seem to work correctly on Windows. I
> checked the code and it has directory separator hard coded, which seem to be
> the source of problems.

Interesting, given that I've only tested it on Windows. ;-) Can you give an
example which doesn't work?

> Please see:

http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/libraries/filepath/System-FilePath-Posix.html#v%3ApathSeparators

I tried to be diligent about using isPathSeparator and the related functions and
constants (even isExtSeparator), and a grep over the code reveals nothing, so if
something doesn't work I don't think it's because of that.

P.S.: I just uploaded 0.2 which has a somewhat speedier globDir. No
functionality changes.