[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: Glob 0.1, globbing library

Krzysztof Skrzętnicki gtener at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 12:57:26 EDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 22:02, Matti Niemenmaa
<matti.niemenmaa+news at iki.fi> wrote:
> Greetings to all,
>
> I hereby announce the release of Glob 0.1, a small library for glob-matching
> purposes based on a subset of zsh's syntax.
>
> Web page at: http://iki.fi/matti.niemenmaa/glob/index.html
> Hackage: http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/Glob
>
> Simple example: match (compile "foo*baz") "foobarbaz" == True.
>
> It can also group the contents of a directory given a list of patterns to match:
> globDir [compile "foo*baz"] "<a directory containing foobarbaz and joe>" gives
> (["dir/foobarbaz"],["dir/joe"]).
>
> Comments, complaints, feature requests, bug reports are all welcome. It should
> work on both GHC 6.8 and 6.10, but I've only tested the latter.

Hello

I tried out your package, but it doesn't seem to work correctly on
Windows. I checked the code and it has directory separator hard coded,
which seem to be the source of problems. Please see:

http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/libraries/filepath/System-FilePath-Posix.html#v%3ApathSeparators

All best

Christopher Skrzętnicki