2008-10-11 Hackage status with GHC 6.10

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Mon Oct 13 09:04:11 EDT 2008

There's a bug I'm fixing (http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/2497).

| I wondered whether it is possible to let the compiler read and store the
| RULES pragmas without optimizing the code in the same module with respect
| to these RULES. When I want to compile the code without optimization - for
| whatever reason - I would still like to have the RULES checked. They could
| still be applied when imported to another module that is compiled with
| optimization.

Indeed you can: use -fno-omit-interface-pragmas. This overrides the default, which is that with -O no non-essential info is put in the interface file.

If you think it's worth improving the documentation (e.g. you didn't know about this), then I'd welcome a concrete suggestion.  (eg Say "...this..." in the second bullet off ...".)

Simon