2008-10-11 Hackage status with GHC 6.10

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Sun Oct 12 14:38:55 EDT 2008

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008, Duncan Coutts wrote:

> On Sun, 2008-10-12 at 14:56 +0100, Ian Lynagh wrote:
>> On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 03:40:53PM +0200, Henning Thielemann wrote:
>>>
>>> ... and erm, how can I enable parsing of optimizer rules?
>>> With {-# OPTIONS_GHC -O #-} ?
>>
>> Yes, although note that Cabal passes -O by default. I'd recommend not
>> putting it in a pragma, as that will break
>>     ./Setup configure --disable-optimization
>
> I think the question was how to get the RULES pragmas to be parsed.

I wondered whether it is possible to let the compiler read and store the
RULES pragmas without optimizing the code in the same module with respect
to these RULES. When I want to compile the code without optimization - for
whatever reason - I would still like to have the RULES checked. They could
still be applied when imported to another module that is compiled with
optimization.