[Haskell-cafe] library for drawing charts

Peter Gammie peteg42 at gmail.com
Thu May 29 00:05:49 EDT 2008

On 28/05/2008, at 9:09 PM, Tim Docker wrote:
> On 28/05/2008, at 3:16 AM, Peter Gammie wrote:
>>
>> So the library itself supports drawing these other types of charts?
>> Can you steer me towards some sample outputs?
>>

> I'm not sure what you mean here. There's three libraries involved
> there:
>
>      - the charts library - this currently draws line/point plots
> etc (samples as shown on the web page)
>      - the cairo library - this is a general purpose 2D drawing API
>      - the gtkhs library - used if you want to show images drawn
> with cairo directly to the screen

Argh, that was badly put. By "the library" I meant Cairo. I'd call
what you've done a "Haskell binding" except you've added some
functionality beyond what the C library provides.

I thought that Cairo might have a friendly chart library that you have
provided some bindings for, ala the one for GD I pointed to earlier.

Thanks, I'll put it on the never-shrinking to do.

cheers
peter

--
http://peteg.org/