haddock: record types with partially exported fields

Misha Aizatulin avatar at hot.ee
Wed May 28 11:42:11 EDT 2008

hello,

   attached (M1) is an example of a situation, where haddock hides all
fields of a record, just because one field is hidden. The result is that
the other field is not shown in the documentation as well, even though
it is exported.

   As an example for why hiding certain fields of a record might make
sense, consider M2. There we export two functions for decomposing T: f
and g, whereas f is a class function that can be used for other
datatypes as well, and g is a function specific to T. The ugly fT
function is hidden from the user.

   I'd wish myself a haddock output in which T would be shown in record
style, but there would be a blank instead of fT or maybe something like
"<hidden>".

Cheers,
   Misha

P.S. What's the right place to talk about haddock by the way?