Libraries need a new owner

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Mon Mar 24 03:12:27 EDT 2008

ahey:
> Hello Folks,
>
> As some of you will be aware, I have been working on various Map
> implementations that currently live here..
>
> http://code.haskell.org/collections/collections-ghc6.8
>
> The libs in question being Data.Tree.AVL, Data.Trie.General and a few
> other bits like Data.COrdering and the AVL based Data.Map/Set clones.
>
> Well, I have decided to stop work on these. So they need a new owner if
> they're going to go anywhere. If anyone is interested in the job then I
> suggest they contact myself or Jean-Philippe Bernardy.
>
> Of course I will be happy to provide any help or advise anyone who takes
> over these libs may feel they need from me. I might even contribute a
> few patches from time to time myself :-)
>
> Thanks

How about we propose this work be done for Summer of Code.

I've created a ticket here:

    http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/summer-of-code/ticket/1549

Add comments, or if you can mentor, add that information too!

Let's get a new faster Data.Map and other containers ready to go by the
end of the northern summer?

-- Don