[Haskell-cafe] Re: Libraries need a new owner

Matthew Pocock matthew.pocock at ncl.ac.uk
Mon Mar 24 06:47:48 EDT 2008

On Monday 24 March 2008, Don Stewart wrote:
> Let's get a new faster Data.Map and other containers ready to go by the
> end of the northern summer?

And while we are visiting this, can I put in a vote for a seperation between
the default Data.* container concrete implementations and associated classes?
E.g. between the cannonical Map implementation and a Map class that could (if
I felt mad) be backed by a list, or (if I was more sane) the cannonical Map
datatype? This would go /at least/ for Map, Set, List.

Matthew