GetOpt bug causing it to mistakenly reject options as ambiguous

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Fri Mar 21 22:20:26 EDT 2008

Hi Eelis,

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 02:42:43AM +0100, Eelis van der Weegen wrote:
> Eelis van der Weegen wrote:
> > There is a bug in System.Console.GetOpt causing
> > it to mistakenly reject options as ambiguous.
>
> Two weeks have passed since I reported this,
> with no response thus far. Does nobody care about
> fixing an easily reproducable, easily fixable
> bug?

Thanks for the patch!

Duncan applied it to the GetOpt in Cabal on the 11th:
http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/cabal-devel/2008-March/002405.html

and Malcolm then applied it to base's GetOpt on the 12th:
http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/cvs-libraries/2008-March/008332.html

Unfortunately, it looks like they forgot to send a mail to let you know
what had happened! Sorry about that.

Thanks
Ian