Package spam :-)

Ross Paterson ross at soi.city.ac.uk
Fri Jun 20 05:06:26 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 10:01:29AM +0200, Jean-Philippe Bernardy wrote:
> We already discussed this before, but that repository can be
> considered orphaned. I'll give pointers to anybody interested in
> adopting it.

Thanks for the clarification, Jean-Philippe.

On the broader issue, personally I'd prefer not to have non-maintained
packages on hackageDB (because their presence lowers people's expectations
of the whole collection) but others disagree on that point.  If we must
have them, they ought not to be marked as maintained.  It's not fair on
users, or on the person named as maintainer.