Broken packages on hackage

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jun 19 18:44:27 EDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-06-19 at 18:06 +0100, Chris Kuklewicz wrote:
> Chris Kuklewicz wrote:
> > Don Stewart wrote:
> >> Just did a full run over hackage, building packages with ghc 6.8.2,
> >> bytestring 0.9.0.1 and cabal 1.4.1..
> >>
> >> The following could be marked broken, if we could do that.
> >>
> >>     Depends on something hidden:
> >>         regex-dfa
> I consider this unsupported
>
> >>         regex-parsec
> I consider this unsupported

We need to get that feature on hackage to let us mark packages obsolete
or superseded.
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/ticket/261

> >>         regex-pcre
> Works for me
>
> >>         regex-tdfa
>
> Hackage already has a
> http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/regex-tdfa-0.92-ghc-68-build-fix
> version of this package, which I suspect works.

Just to note: Cabal/cabal-install does not deal very well with packages
that have tags in their versions. We've no idea how they sort compared
to other tags or no tags. We're going in the direction of disallowing
tags in versions completely.

Duncan