Readline read_history and write_history addition

Alexander Dunlap alexander.dunlap at
Sat Jan 19 02:10:23 EST 2008

Hello all,

I'd like to propose the addition of read_history and write_history
bindings to the readline library. I believe I've followed the
instructions on the Haskell wiki appropriately and I've set up a
ticket (with a patch) at

Essentially, the patch adds simple bindings so that Haskell programs
can use Readline's read_history and write_history functions. This will
be useful for the implementation of (add persistent
history to GHCi) and potentially other applications.

Thanks for your time and consideration.