patch applied (packages/regex-base): Make setup script compileagain after recent Cabal changes

Sven Panne sven.panne at aedion.de
Sat Sep 8 09:09:16 EDT 2007

On Saturday 08 September 2007 13:50, Ian Lynagh wrote:
> I recommend getting over HTTP (starting with
> http://darcs.haskell.org/ghc-HEAD-2007-08-29-ghc-corelibs-testsuite.tar.bz2
> is even quicker) and then using one of:
> * http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/cvs-ghc/2007-April/034792.html
> * http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/cvs-ghc/2007-April/034813.html
> * % cat push-monk
>   #!/bin/sh
>   ./push-all darcs.haskell.org:/home/darcs ${1+"$@"}
>
> I use a mixture of the first and third, depending on whether I can
> remember which repos need to be pushed or not.
>
> Push is still over SSH, but pull is over HTTP.

Hmmm, I think all this stuff should be at some prominent place in the GHC
developer Wiki. This seems all very counterintuitive to me and basically a
collection of random workarounds. :-(

While we are at workarounds: darcs annotate takes ages for even a small file
like mk/config.mk.in (around 10min, needing +RTS -K20M to complete),
resulting in a hardly human-readable format. Is there a better way to find
out which lines where added by whom/when/why? This is no fun, either, and
some kind of annotation facility is a crucial part of a VC system...

Cheers,
   S.