patch applied (packages/regex-base): Make setup script compileagain after recent Cabal changes

Simon Marlow simonmarhaskell at
Mon Sep 10 04:48:26 EDT 2007

Sven Panne wrote:
> On Saturday 08 September 2007 13:50, Ian Lynagh wrote:
>> I recommend getting over HTTP (starting with
>> is even quicker) and then using one of:
>> *
>> *
>> * % cat push-monk
>>   #!/bin/sh
>>   ./push-all ${1+"$@"}
>> I use a mixture of the first and third, depending on whether I can
>> remember which repos need to be pushed or not.
>> Push is still over SSH, but pull is over HTTP.
> Hmmm, I think all this stuff should be at some prominent place in the GHC
> developer Wiki. This seems all very counterintuitive to me and basically a
> collection of random workarounds. :-(

I started a page last week for GHC-specific darcs stuff:

This would be a good place to collect this stuff, although if it gets too
big we might want to split it up into "useful tips" and "GHC policies for
darcs usage".

> While we are at workarounds: darcs annotate takes ages for even a small file
> like mk/ (around 10min, needing +RTS -K20M to complete),
> resulting in a hardly human-readable format. Is there a better way to find
> out which lines where added by whom/when/why? This is no fun, either, and
> some kind of annotation facility is a crucial part of a VC system...

Yes, known performance issue with darcs I'm afraid.  I mentioned it in this
message to darcs-users back in March, along with the other issues that we
have with darcs: