System.Win32.Types to base library?

Simon Marlow simonmarhaskell at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 06:19:41 EDT 2007

Bulat Ziganshin wrote:

> Tuesday, October 23, 2007, 7:22:19 PM, you wrote:
>
>> I'm working on overlapped IO support for Haskell handles (sockets in
>> particular) using an IO completion port. I'll put the code in a
>> separate library.
>
> imho, it's better to put it into separate library. consider also an
> option to provide it as extension to the my Streams library
> ( http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Library/Streams )

Sure, but that would preclude using overlapped IO in the standard Handle
implementation, which is where we need it right now.  You want to be able
to do ByteString IO using overlapped IO underneath, for example.

I'm not claiming this is a good long-term plan, but in order for it to be
useful *now*, it has to go into base.

Cheers,
	Simon