System.Win32.Types to base library?

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at
Tue Oct 23 12:32:59 EDT 2007

Hello Felix,

> I'm working on overlapped IO support for Haskell handles (sockets in
> particular) using an IO completion port. I'll put the code in a
> separate library.

imho, it's better to put it into separate library. consider also an
option to provide it as extension to the my Streams library
( )

long time there was discussion about making universal API to the
various overlapped IO interfaces (epoll, kqueue..), i think that Win32
support may be a part of this. unfortunately, we lack enough level of
interest to complete the new I/O library development, although there
is significant interest from some developers

Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at