Haskell Packages 6.6?
ashley at semantic.org
Wed Oct 4 03:04:46 EDT 2006
In article <83y7rwhkp8.fsf at bishop.syntaxpolice.org>,
Isaac Jones <ijones at syntaxpolice.org> wrote:
> We're pretty well along the way to getting cabal-install and friends
> working nicely. We've got almost 30 packages in the database.
I'm a bit confused about the status of various libraries. As I
understand it, there are four levels of "officalness":
1. "core packages" in the GHC repository
2. "extra packages" in the GHC repository
3. packages in Hackage
4. any other packages that people may have
It would be useful to know -
* What determines whether a package ought to be in 2. versus 3.? Or
should the "extra" packages migrate to Hackage?
* What kind of state do they need to be in at the time of a GHC release?
Ashley Yakeley, Seattle WA
More information about the Libraries