Idea to allow people to comment on Haskell docs

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jan 19 16:55:10 EST 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 09:01 +0000, Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
> It looks great!  But I'd never have found the link if you hadn't pointed
> me at it.
>
> Rather than "Wiki" say "User comments".

Done.

> And I think the per-entry [User comment] link is essential.  Typically
> people are going to be looking at a particular thing.  For example, here
>
> http://haskell.org/gtk2hs/docs/devel/Graphics-Rendering-Cairo-SVG.html#v:svgRenderFromString
> is where I'd look for the link for svgRenderFromString.

Done!

So take another look at these example pages:
http://haskell.org/gtk2hs/docs/devel/
http://haskell.org/gtk2hs/docs/devel/Graphics-Rendering-Cairo-SVG.html

For the per-entry links, to conserve space I've just said [Comments]
rather than [User Comments] and used a smaller font. These cosmetic
things are easy to change if anyone complains.

I've sent the haddock patches that implement this stuff to Simon Marlow,
so if people are generally favourable of this iteration of the patch
perhaps he'd like to apply it. :-) I hope I've done the changes in such
a way that it should be straightforward to add source code links too
if/when haddock is taught how to find the original source file for each
module.

So, opinions?

Duncan