Idea to allow people to comment on Haskell docs

Bulat Ziganshin bulatz at HotPOP.com
Wed Jan 18 07:21:00 EST 2006

Hello Simon,

SPJ> On a closely related matter, Benjamin Pierce told me how often he wished
SPJ> that there was a link from the Haddock documentation to the source code
SPJ> for a function.  Especially for Prelude functions, he's dead right.  So
SPJ> another really useful Haddock enhancement would be the ability to add
SPJ> links to the source code from the Haddock docs --- again on a
SPJ> per-function basis.  Do you feel like adding that too?   Where should
SPJ> the code live?  I'd suggest snap-shoting it at the moment that the
SPJ> Haddock docs are generated, and putting the files with the Haddock docs.

as i seen in Ruby documentation tool, the code is just html-ized with
syntax colourimng and labels (#concat, #map and so on) added before
each function definition. if path to this html-ized sources will be
standard, then it can be used not only in this haddock, but for
example in links from wiki, in some irc-related tools, in online
Hugs/ghci help systems and so on

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz at HotPOP.com