Packages in GHC 6.6

Chris Kuklewicz haskell at list.mightyreason.com
Wed Aug 23 09:27:26 EDT 2006

> I need to add some build system stuff for GHC: Makefile,
> package.conf.in, and possibly configure.ac.  Instead of the fps
> dependency, there will be a base>=2.0 dependency (ideally we would have
> conditional dependencies, but Cabal support for that isn't ready yet).

I don't have GHC past 6.4.2, so I'll have to let you do all that.

> Since time is short, I plan to integrate regex-base, regex-compat and
> regex-posix today, then I'll pull over any changes you make.  I'll do
> this by replicating your trl-stable darcs repo and morphing it into each
> of the smaller repos, that way we don't lose history, and the repo isn't
> large to begin with.

"morph"?

The oldest version of the repository was "Text.Regex.Lazy" and was an
unorganized mix of compat/parsec/dfa/devel without any base/posix/pcre/tre.

The loss of history a this stage would not be too terrible.

>>> How is the Haddock documentation?  I noticed some of the modules
>>> didn't have Haddock headers on, this is standard practice in the
>>> libraries.
>>
>> I have not added the boilerplate haskell headers to everything.  I
>> will go through them and add it, probably tonight, to at least
>> regex-base/posix/compat.
>
> A lot of the documentation seems to refer to JRegex - while this is
> useful for someone moving from one to the other, it won't mean much to
> someone trying to grok the new regex stuff in GHC 6.6.  Any chance of
> having some more basic docs?

I should absorb the example files into a large piece of haddock documentation.
I'll start on that and then merge that into your new repository.

Cheers,
   Chris