Cabal Questions

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 20:48:20 EDT 2006

> Really? fully lazy parsers are notoriously tricky, which parsing library
> do you use?
I have been told that its lazy in that respect, I've never actually
checked. As for the parsing library, its an entirely arbitrary one :)
Its not monadic, its really really old, and its in the Yhc repo under
src/compiler98/Parse. I don't have a clue how it works...

> I keep wanting to switch jhc to packrat parsing
> http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/~baford/packrat/
I've seen that, but I want to switch Yhc to:
http://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/~ndm/projects/parsing.php (O(n),
super-duper fast, no shift/reduce nonsense, easy to specify)

I prefer pre-generated parsers - you can always parse the additional
syntax and then tell the user what flag that have to enable to get it
to actually work.

Thanks

Neil