Cabal Questions

John Meacham john at
Fri Aug 18 20:32:01 EDT 2006

On Sat, Aug 19, 2006 at 01:22:57AM +0100, Neil Mitchell wrote:
> >it can be fed the HsSyn output from Language.Haskell.Parser directly in
> >the standard libs, but you probably want to prune out everything but the
> >import list parsing to not be messed up by extensions the full parser
> >can't handle.
> I believe that for Yhc, as long as the extensions are after the last
> import, they won't be read. The parser is sufficiently lazy that it
> can get the import declarations out of a module without parsing the
> whole thing.

Really? fully lazy parsers are notoriously tricky, which parsing library
do you use? I keep wanting to switch jhc to packrat parsing

actually, any monadic formulation would be better than 'happy'for me
because with pre-generated parsers you can't change your parse rules on
the fly easily, like depending on what extensions are enabled.

John Meacham - ⑆⑆john⑈