Cabal Questions

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 20:22:57 EDT 2006

Hi

> it can be fed the HsSyn output from Language.Haskell.Parser directly in
> the standard libs, but you probably want to prune out everything but the
> import list parsing to not be messed up by extensions the full parser
> can't handle.

I believe that for Yhc, as long as the extensions are after the last
import, they won't be read. The parser is sufficiently lazy that it
can get the import declarations out of a module without parsing the
whole thing.

This gives both a performance boost, and happily ignores extensions.
Although I suspect a custom parser for import files would be best, to
get maximum flexibility.

Thanks

Neil