Win32 libraries for Haskell

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at
Tue Feb 3 11:15:29 EST 2004

The situation seems to be this:

* Sigbjorn is actively maintaining hslibs/win32 for Galois reasons, and
   reluctant to transfer to libraries/win32 because it's untested (I'm
   that the Green-Card dependency is soluble by putting the GC output
   in the CVS tree).  Fair enough.

* Alastair believes that lilbraries/win32 should work, but cannot
maintain it.
   Fair enough.

* Everyone else would far rather not to have to choose

* The sooner we can dump hslibs/ the better

I'm not sure how to make progress here.  Is anyone else interested or
willing to take ownership of libraries/win32?  (Graham?  Krasimir?)
This isn't a GHC specific thing -- I believe/hope the same libraries
should work equally well for Hugs.

On Behalf Of Sigbjorn Finne
| Sent: 29 January 2004 02:37
| To: Simon Peyton-Jones
| Cc: cvs-ghc at; Graham Klyne
| Subject: Re: GHC 'hslibs/win32/Win32Spawn.hs' syntax error?
| hslibs/win32 is being kept compilable & working as our partial Win32
| API binding.
| I've never tried using libraries/Win32; its re-introduction of a
| on GreenCard + its untested nature is why I've been reluctant to go
near it.
| --sigbjorn
<sof at>