Cabal and installing packages.

Keean Schupke k.schupke at imperial.ac.uk
Sat Dec 4 08:37:35 EST 2004

But of course writing a generic Haskell installer (for Hackage/Cabal)
may well
turn out to be simpler - and would be more useful to more people, and has
the advantage that only one set of installation instructions are
required as well.
If I were to write it I would do it as a pure Haskell thing, then it
doesn't need to be ported to each
different distribution. Of course people are free to write distro
versions as well. I
don't think there need only be one way of doing things...

    Regards,
     Keean