Cabal and installing packages.

Gabriel Ebner ge at
Sat Dec 4 08:11:02 EST 2004

Keean Schupke <k.schupke at> writes:

> But I see what you are saying too, a program to convert a cabal-package
> into say an ebuild for gentoo.

I was suggesting something _along the lines_ of (maybe
g-cabal or cabal emerge or ...) that can transparently install cabal
packages (if they are not already available over the usual transport
channels) as native packages.  Such a tool might be feasable for other
package managers too, I just don't if there are any.

> A small problem is gentoo's emerge does not pass parameters to the
> scripts, so you would have to have an ebuild for every haskell
> package. just generates multiple ebuilds.  g-cabal/cabal
emerge/... could do the same.