BER and LDAP Libraries

Alastair Reid reid@cs.utah.edu
30 Apr 2002 16:17:33 +0100

> I am using CVS. Could someone tell me how I get the string

> -- $Id: libraries.sgml,v 1.4 2001/07/05 13:52:49 simonmar Exp $

> put into the recommended header (see below)?

I'm guessing that your question is 'how do I figure out which version
number, etc. to put there?'

The answer is that you can leave it completely blank or use the
example string because CVS will overwrite whatever you put there with
the latest version, date, etc.

Someone else can better answer your other questions.  My personal
take is:

- BSD is best

- if you say it is experimental, no-one will argue with you

- Existential types make it non-portable.

- Words and bits come from another hs library so they are only
  non-portable if that library is non-portable.

- It is best (possible even required) to explicitly document
  each individual cause of non-portability even if you know of
  no compiler which provides X but not Y.

--
Alastair Reid        reid@cs.utah.edu        http://www.cs.utah.edu/~reid/