BER and LDAP Libraries

Simon Marlow simonmar@microsoft.com
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 17:04:30 +0100

> I am about to update our library for BER (Basic Encoding=20
> Rules). I have
> read http://www.haskell.org/~simonmar/libraries/libraries.html.
>=20
> I think it should be called Network.BER.

That's fine.

> I don't have any strong views on licensing and it looks like BSD would
> cause the least problems.

The license is entirely up to you, but one practical thing to bear in
mind is that we're going to keep licenses the same within a given
package (i.e. libraries/base, libraries/network etc.) so if you envisage
your code being absorbed into libraries/network at some point then this
will be easier if you pick the same license (i.e. BSD).

> I assume it should be classified as experimental.

This just affects how often you can change the interface.  Best to stick
with experimental until it's been out in the wild a while.

> I am using CVS. Could someone tell me how I get the string
>=20
> -- $Id: libraries.sgml,v 1.4 2001/07/05 13:52:49 simonmar Exp $
>=20
> put into the recommended header (see below)?

Actually I've just removed all these from fptools/libraries on the
grounds that they were confusing and didn't really serve the purpose
they were intended to, so don't worry about the $Id$ string unless you
have a good reason for wanting one.

Cheers,
	Simon