[HOpenGL] Re: Opengl Patch

Jules Bean jules at jellybean.co.uk
Wed Apr 29 05:44:05 EDT 2009

Sven Panne wrote:
> Am Freitag, 24. April 2009 13:53:16 schrieb Hugo Gomes:
>> Hey,
>> i stumbled upon this patch in the internets:
>> http://code.haskell.org/~bkomuves/
>> Why isn't it applyed to the Opengl package ?
>
> Basically because I wasn't aware of those patches... ;-) I'm currently having
> a look at them, initially at the bug fixes only. I was planning to add support
> for generic vertex attribute arrays and frame buffer objects anyway, because
> they are part of the OpenGL 3.1 core. The API for those parts will probably be
> similar to the one in the patches, but it has to fit into the "3.1 picture",
> so I'll have to think about it a bit.

If I can chime in here, FBOs and the multiple draw buffers extension
would be a very nice thing to have. They are essentially "core
functionality" of opengl in terms of the way opengl code is used these
days, even though they are not technically part of the OpenGL core until
  3.1.

A simple binding to FBOs for render-to-texture would be a lovely thing
to have.

Jules